We have the ultimate festival look, which can be created at home by adding some glitter, rainbows and simple shapes to your denim jacket. And…you only need your iron to attach your design. Follow these simple steps to create your own personalised jacket.
You will need:
- Fluo pink
- Denim jacket
- Iron (pre-heat on the 2 dot setting/ 150 degrees)
- Greaseproof paper
- Cut your vinyl shapes using a cutting machine such as a silhouette cameo or cricut. Alternatively cutting by hand also work really well. I have cut a star from yellow flex and a moon from black flex. I then cut each letter for ‘Glastonbury’ from a different colour glitter. The glitter colours match the Glastonbury logo.
- Pre-press your jacket first to take all the creases and moisture out of the fabric.
- Add the moon first and added greaseproof paper on top.
- It’s time to press the moon for 10 seconds.
- The top layer of plastic can then be peeled off while warm.
- Repeat steps 3-5 with the star and then the glitter lettering.
- Optional: For the small glitter stars I took the top layer of plastic off of the vinyl and hole punched these. These can then be pressed for 10 seconds.
The options for designs to for what you could add to your jacket are endless. Why not add your name or date to the back to mark a special occasion. The next project I would love to create is to add some writing or a patch style design to the front of the jacket.