It's Christmas jumper season, WOOHOO! There's nothing like wearing a snuggly, comfy jumper that gets you in the festive mood, especially when it's personalised the way you like it!
We are so excited to share with you just a few of our favourite jumpers which are perfect to create at home, over a zoom call with your work pals or to have a family competition.
There's a variety of project ideas including designs you can cut with scissors as well as cutting machines such as Silhouette, Cricut or Brother ScanNCut. Then simply use an iron or heat press to attach it to your jumper.
Find our DIY instructions here.
Let's show you just a few of our ultimate favourite festive jumpers...
Hand cut HappyGlitter HTV letters:
- We love how these pastel shades work so well against the bright red fabric!
- Use a stencil to draw around onto the shiny (glossy) side of the vinyl. A marker pen works really well for this.
- Then cut your letters out with scissors.
Hand cut HTV abstract holly created by @sewyeah:
- Christine from Sew Yeah hand cut a variety of HTV effects including HappyGlitter, HappyFashion, HappyFlex and HappyFlock.
- Then she arranged these to create an all over design. It's super crafty and also uses up all your scraps! How beautiful are her colour choices?
Silhouette cut HappyFlex HTV Christmas design:
- This is the perfect jumper to wear to pick up your Christmas tree or to wear while you are decorating it.
- Hand draw or download a design online and cut different elements out in different colours of HTV.
- Watch a whole scene come together with intricate detail.
Hand cut HTV Christmas lights:
- Christine from Sew Yeah also up-cycled this fabulous lights jumper above, using a variety of vinyl effects.
- Simply cut a long wiggly line which you could create in sections.
- Then cut the tops of the bulbs and then finish with a sparkly bulb.
- We love how each bulb stands out on this striped fabric!
Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree:
- Simple layers can really create an impact especially using different tones of green!
- Cut out each layer of your design and press and peel one layer at a time.
- Decorate your tree with extra glitz and baubles. Use HappyGlitter or HappyFlock, take the plastic carrier off the vinyl and hole punch shapes.
- If you love pastel colours, why not create a sugar plum style jumper?
- This jumper was hand cut using our template in our new Craftmas guide. This booklet includes lots of festive project tutorials and inspiration from Cushions to wall hangings.
Beautiful HTV baubles with added embroidery:
- Sophia from @sew__jessalli created this amazing jumper full of HappyGlitter shapes and beautiful embroidered details.
- The appliqué and HappyFabric HTV together create a 3D, playful texture.
Silhouette cut HTV Christmas scene:
- There was no stopping us up-cycling this sequin jumper decorated with this magical scene from Christmas Eve.
- Use larger rolls of vinyl to create a statement design like this Christmas scene.
- Include every detail from windows to the decorative sleigh. We used HappyFlex Silver for this silhouette.
- These are just two of the amazing jumpers Team Tilly and the Buttons created using HappyGlitter HTV.
- The Christmas pudding jumper created by @helloyellowclub and Sewing slogan pom-pom jumper by @louise_carmichael dazzle with glittery letters and hearts.
Hole punch HTV stars:
- A jumper that is so simple to create! The stars are a fun and amazing effect to add to your jumper using HappyGlitter.
- Simply peel away the plastic carrier from the glitter and use a hole punch to create cut shapes.
- Arrange into shapes such as a Christmas tree or wreath or maybe all over.
Animal lovers jumpers:
- What an adorable Festive feline jumper created by Joy from @pinkcoatclub. It has the most adorable sparkly HappyGlitter hat too!
- Make your Christmas jumper even more personal by adding your favourite pet, animal or a simple reindeer and get them dressed up for the season.
Traditional reindeer with a red nose:
- Outlining a design is a great way to show the fabric through your design, like this reindeer head.
- Why not combine different vinyl effects like HappyGlitter and HappyFlock to create texture and sparkle?
What Christmas jumper will you make this year with HTV?
Don't forget to tag us in your creations on our Facebook or Instagram as we love to see what you've been creating!
Check out all our HTV colours and effects online at www.happyfabric.co.uk
Christmas kits and bundles are available here.