HTV Quick and Easy Dalmatian Costume.
It comes to that time of year when I ask myself the dreaded question of which Halloween costume am I going to make this year? Well fear not. I have created a super quick and easy costume that ANYONE can create. With a plain white tee and a few sheets on vinyl you can become your favorite character. This year I have created matching dalmatian tees for me and my daughter. She loves 100 and 1 dalmatians so I thought this would be perfect and I can join in too. Dressing up isn’t just for the kids.
What you will need…
White T Shirt
- Pre heat your iron/heat press to 165 degrees.
- Give your tee a pre press to remove any moisture within the fabric. This will allow your vinyl to adhere to the fabric.
- Take your HappyFlock and begin to cut out un-perfect spots. All different shapes and sizes will be perfect as this will make your dalmatian pattern more realistic. Big ones and small ones are all good.
- Lay your tee out flat and begin to place your spots where you would like them. Be sure not to overlap any at this point.
- Once you are happy with your layout, cover the spots over with greaseproof paper and apply firm pressure to your iron/heat press for about 15seconds. Be sure not to move your iron around while applying the pressure.
- Once all the spots are fused into place allow the vinyl to cool, before peeling away the plastic carrier on top of the vinyl.
- Once all plastic carriers have been removed you can now start to add any other spots that you would like to overlap. Repeat the fusing process again.
- Lower the heat of your iron/press to 150degrees.
- Add a piece of paper to the neckline, and then with your pencil feel the ridge of the neckline and trace it onto the paper.
- Then Cut that line out and check it sits nicely around the neck of the tee. Trim away any over lap if necessary. Draw another line about 2 cm away from the original to create arch, then cut this out. This will create the template for collar.
- Grab your HappyFlex and draw around your template onto the back of the vinyl (shiny side facing down) and cut out.
- Once it is cut out, lay into place on the tee and fuse like before but only for 10seconds this time. HappyFlex does not need as long a time to fuse.
- Once you have fused the collar into place remove the plastic carrier.
- Now to make the HappyGlitter Gold Licence. Hand cut a diamond shape in Gold HappyGlitter vinyl and lay in place.
- Lay the diamond at the bottom of the collar and add a small sliver to the top point of the diamond this will make the licence look as if it is hanging. Once you are happy with the placement fuse into place.
- Remove plastic carriers one last time to reveal the glitteriest HappyGlitter Licence.
- WOOF WOOF WOOF – You are now a dalmatian. Why not continue the dalmatian print onto a pair of white trousers to complete the look!
I hope you love the quick and easy step by step guide to our Dalmatian costume.