Hey Ghosties and Ghouls!
Can you believe that it’s October already? When did that happen? On the plus side, it’s the month of Halloween and I have a few spooky projects under my cape for you!
First up is my costume ready for a Halloween party. It’s the Skeleton!
- Black long sleeved top
- Black trousers
- Heat transfer vinyl - I am using HappyGlitter in White and Red for the heart. Available here
- Grease Proof Paper
- A large bit of paper
How to make your costume
- First up, draw around your T-shirt on a large bit of paper, so you can draw your pattern pieces to the right size.
- Once you are happy with your skeleton design, cut out the paper pieces.
- Use these paper pieces as your stencil to draw around onto the back of the heat transfer vinyl.
- Cut out the vinyl pieces and place them in the correct order to one side.
- Give your T-shirt a pre-press.
(Look at the Heat Fabric DIY sheet for heat settings)
- Place the vinyl bones into place on the T-shirt facing the right way up. (Glitter side up!)
- Once you are happy with your placement carefully cover the vinyl over with greaseproof paper or baking paper.
- Then with your iron apply pressure for 10-15 seconds.
- Then peel off your plastic carrier. If you are adding a heart like I have, make sure you fuse this on first and remover the carrier before adding the bones on top.
- And there you have it, your body of bones.
- Repeat all step for your arms and trouser legs.
We would love to see your handmade Halloween costumes. Send us pictures over to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title ‘HappyHalloween’ to be in with a chance of winning some goodies!
Happy Halloween HF Crafters