With the Christmas season on top of us, I bet many of you are planning your crafty project for the festive break. I know I definitely am. Because we will be closed as from the 21st of December I am getting all my projects planned and ready to go. So, let’s not forget NEW YEAR!!
New Year plans are always a pain, as no one ever knows what to do. So I thought I would be prepared just in case a party turns up at my house.
A Super fun party banner with HappyVinyl which you can use every year to celebrate the new.
What you will need.
- 1 x A4 Heat Transfer Vinyl. I have used HappyGlitter in Holo Gold. *
- 1 metre of fabric of your choice.
- Double sided tape / Sewing machine.
- Iron / Happy Press
- Happy Cover Grip or similar
- Letter Stencil.
- Ballpoint Pen.
- Scissors / Vinyl Cutter.
- Fabric Scissors.
- Wooden Dowel.
- Tape measure.
*Last day for ordering is Thursday, December 20th. Back January 2nd.
- I always like to start with the words, as it can be quite a long process to get everything prepared ready for the banner. Grab your stencil a begin to cut out all the letters with paper scissors. Take your time.
- Once you have cut out your stencil letters you can begin to use them on the back of your vinyl. So grab your HTV (heat transfer vinyl) and lay it shiny side facing down.
- When you come to use the stencils make sure you flip them over so they have been reversed, then you can begin to draw around them with a ballpoint pen. This will make it easy for you to see the design on the back of the vinyl.
- Grab your scissors and begin to cut out all of the letters.
- Now that your letters have all been cut out you can prepare your fabric. You might want to turn on your iron/heat press and pre-heat it at 150 degrees which will be the 2 dots setting on your domestic iron.
- While that is heating up grab your fabric and your tape measure. Lay it out flat, then measure and cut out 17 inches in width and 29 inches in length.
- Then fold the fabric in half and at one end cut a diagonal line this will create the point at the bottom of your banner.
- Now, this is the part where I like to cheat - if you have time, get your sewing machine.
- I add double sided tape all around all edges of the fabric. I then turn the fabric over onto itself and stick it down, tape on tape. If you are using a sewing machine, turn over your edges and sew 1cm allowance the whole way around your fabric. This will create a nice neat edge to your banner.
- Then grab your dowl and lay it about 2cm just under the top part of the banner. If you are using tape, apply more tape to the straight edge.
- Fold the fabric over the top of the dowel and stick it down into place. If you are sewing - sew a straight running stitch straight across the top of the banner. This then creates the tunnel for the dowl to go in which allows the banner to hang from.
- Now you have got the banner ready, give it a pre-press with the iron.
- You can now begin to lay your design face up on the banner.
- Once you are happy with your placement on the letters grab your greaseproof paper and place it over your design, then begin to press it with your iron.
- When ironing on your design be sure to apply firm pressure to the iron. This will help your HTV adhere to the fabric.
- If you are using HappyGlitter like me you can peel the plastic carrier off straight away.
- Now find the perfect place to hang the banner, pop open the bubbly and celebrate the new year!!
Don’t forget this doesn’t have to just be a New Year Banner, This could be made for any special occasion that needs celebrating.
I can’t wait to see your creations. Don’t forget to tag us in any of your makes and we could share them on our social media channels.
P.S MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
P.P.S. Last day for ordering is Thursday, December 20th. Back January 2nd.