Suitable for: 100% cotton, 100% polyester, poly-cotton blends
- Don't mirror design for HappyPrint Dark
- Mirror design for HappyPrint Light
For inkjet printers we recommend using the settings "normal paper" and "high quality".
For laser printers/copiers we recommend using the bypass tray.
We tested the following setting for OKI laser printers.
Other printers may have the same or similar settings.
- HappyPrint dark: Heavy paper (106-128g/qm)
- Happy Print light: medium (91-105g/qm)
Silhouette cutter settings:
- Speed: 2
- Thickness: 5
- Blade: 2
1. Create your design with a computer software and print it with your inkjet or laser printer. You can also copy your design to HappyPrint Dark.
2. Pre iron the garment for 2 to 3 seconds before printing to eliminate residual moisture and creases. This step is important before every printing process for optimal results regardless of which vinyl you're printing.
3. Place HappyPrint Dark on your garment, printed side facing down, and cover it with a non-stick cover sheet such as HappyCover NonStick.
When using the HappyPress:
- Laser printer: 175 °C - 185 °C
- Inkjet printer: 185 °C - 195 °C
- Time: 25 seconds
- Pressure: medium to heavy
- Peel off: cold
When using a flat iron:
A steady and solid surface is needed for printing. You might use a table covered with a towel to protect the wood from the heat. An ironing board is not suitable. You could however place a small board atop the ironing board.
Set your iron to (**).
Cover the design with HappyCover. If the design is smaller than your iron, firmly press with iron for 15 seconds without moving the iron. Wait a moment then iron again for 30 to 40 seconds.
Should the design be larger than your iron, press individual areas for 10 to 15 seconds and continue to firmly iron in circles for 30 to 40 additional seconds. Pay special attention to the edges to make sure your design will stick to the garment permanently.
6. So far everything should have worked out and you have created your own individual designer piece. For a long-lasting print let the garment rest up to two days before the first wash. The print is washable up to 40 °C.
Pro-tip: If you turn your garment inside out before washing or ironing, the colours will remain vibrant for a long time.