HappyVinyl is in the House!!! Have you seen it yet? It's our new favourite material!! It's so easy to use and can be either hand cut, or cut on your Silhouette, cricut or Brother scan and cut Machine, Applied with an application tape. NO hard plain surface is safe. Everything will be getting a wave of the HappyVinyl wand. Starting with Marnie's Metal Ikea Cabinet.
Here is what you will need to re-create the Terrazzo Print...
Simply begin by cutting out lot of different geometric shapes out of all the different colours that you have chosen for your palette. Make all the geometric shapes vary in size. Some tiny, some large. This will help create the Terrazzo stlye print.
Give your cabinet or surface a good clean and make sure it is dry before applying your HappyVinyl.
Then simply peel away the Colourful Vinyl away from the paper grid on the back. Then stick it straight onto your clean surface.
Keep adding more and more geometric shapes till you are happy with your design.
Once you are happy with your cabinet, style it up with a nice houseplant in a funky plant pot. Hey, maybe add the HappyVinyls to the pot too!? It's so addictive and the posibilities are endless.
This entry was posted in Misc on 23. February 2021 by Marnie Goodman.
Surrounding yourself with fellow creatives in real life is obviously a bit of a struggle at the moment. We say thank goodness for technology. Due to a good video call LIVE on instagram we were able to touch base with the amazing Becky Alexander who is an incredible Print designer, who has a passion for colour clashing and all things beautiful. Becky also talks about starting her own business during the first lockdown in 2020.
Watch the LIVE below to catch up with our crafter Marnie having a fun chat with her good friend Becky on all things bright and wonderful in the Becky Alexander world.
We will be using a Silhouette Cameo 4 machine for this project which uses the software Silhouette Studio on a computer or tablet.
Open Silhouette Studio and import your logo. Make sure your logo is a dark block colour, preferably Black and White. This is so that it can be outlined to the best quality.
2. Click on the trace button on the right panel (5th symbol down). Click and drag over your logo so it is highlighted like below.
3. Click 'Trace' on the right hand side panel and watch the highlighted logo disappear. Click and drag your main logo off of the cutting mat artwork area.
4. You will now have an outlined design of your logo ready to cut. When cutting into HTV (Heat Transfer Vinyl) you will need to flip or mirror your design.
5. Resize your design according to the item you are adding it to. We wanted to create an A4 size logo to add to the felt.
6. Next, change the settings to suit the vinyl effect. We have chosen Heat Transfer Glitter for HappyGlitter. Use our DIY sheet to see which vinyl settings are needed for each vinyl type.
7. Always place HTV shiny side down onto the mat. Place inline with your cutting machine and press the arrow up to load into the cutter. Send your design as it is and watch it create your design.
8. Use a HappyWeeder tool to take away the excess vinyl. It is best to do this in a well lit area and you can bend the vinyl slightly to see the cut marks. We weeded each letter away as well as the zig zag edge.
9. Pre-press your fabric to eliminate all creases and moisture within the fabric.
10. We added White HappyFlex shiny side up first. This is so that later when we add the HappyGlitter logo the white will show through the lettering. Add HappyRelease or greaseproof paper on top and press for 10 seconds at 150 degrees.
11. Once HappyFlex is has cooled slightly, peel the clear carrier away to reveal it's smooth texture.
12. Next, We added the HappyGlitter logo shiny side up and repeated the pressing and peeling steps.
Here is the logo finished and it has created an amazing sparkly finish perfect for our display. Whether you are adding your logo to a fabric banner or an item of clothing it is the perfect way to create a professional look.
Why not add your logo to items you can't apply heat to? Simply use our NEW HappyVinyl which is self-adhesive (no heat needed). This is great for water bottles, coasters, windows and more! The possibilities are endless.
Learn how to create a personalised jumper for Galentines Day, a gift or to simply up-cycle your clothing. Watch Marnie and Hayley create matching jumpers from their homes using HappyFabric HappyFlex HTV and the HappyPress 4 A4 Auto-open. It really is as simple as cut out HTV and iron or heat press it onto fabric.
Happy Fabric is a UK craft supplies company that specialises in iron-on heat transfer vinyl (HTV). Our vinyl can be hand-cut or used with a Cricut or Silhouette Cutting machine. The vinyl is then ironed on in 5-10 seconds depending on the material. All material can be used with a domestic iron or with a heat press. Happy Vinyl starts at £1.85 per A4 roll. Subscribe to our channel to see our latest tutorials and events.
This entry was posted in Misc on 4. February 2021 by HappyFabric.