Halloween may be a little different this year but it doesn't mean you have to miss out on the sweet treats. Why not create a personalised bag and have a trick or treat around the house or garden? This could be a fun sweet hunt/ game to play with the children.
We have chosen HappyGlitter Holo Black vinyl for this treat bag but you could choose some other spooky colours from our wide range of Heat transfer Vinyl online.
For this project you will need:
- A blank tote bag
- Vinyl cutting machine - e.g. Silhouette, Circuit, Brother ScanNCut OR you could hand cut your shapes with scissors.
- HappyGlitter Holo Black vinyl
- Weeding tool (For machine cutters)
- Iron/ HappyPress
- Greaseproof paper/ HappyRelease paper
- Measure how wide you would like the writing to be.
2. Create your artwork on your cutting machine programme. This is Silhouette Studio suitable to use with a Silhouette branded machine. Make sure you reverse or mirror your design once your design is complete.
3. Add the vinyl shiny side down onto the cutting mat and insert into your machine. Make sure the setting is suited to your vinyl material. Press send to cut and watch it cut your design out.
If you are hand cutting you could draw around a stencil onto the vinyl and cut these out with scissors. Make sure if you are using pen to draw a shape onto the vinyl to make sure all pen marks have been cut away. This is to avoid marking your fabric later on.
4. If you have machine cut your design, use a weeding tool to reveal the lettering.
5. Pre-press the fabric to eliminate all creases and moisture within the fabric.
6. Place your vinyl design shiny side up onto the fabric and add greaseproof paper on top. Press with an iron (2 dot setting) for 10 seconds across the design. Be sure to give each letter heat with firm, even pressure.
7. The HappyGlitter vinyl carrier can be peeled away while warm revealing it's sparkly texture.
You can add some fun halloween vinyl shapes around the writing to add extra spook!
Now you can plan your Halloween fun and most importantly fill the bag with sweet treats! These bags would also make a great gift full of halloween activities and crafts to join in with ready for 31st October.